As the name suggests the purpose of external Rainscreen Cladding is to shield a wall from direct rain, hence protecting the fabric or a building while giving it a decorative finish.
Rainscreen Cladding has become very popular in Ireland due to its high performance and the fact that it is virtually maintenance free.
At Select Roofing we have developed an industry leading expertise in designing and implementing rainscreen cladding solutions for our clients.
Rainscreen cladding is the attachment of an outer skin of cladding with a ventilated and drained cavity to a new or existing building.
The system is a form of double wall construction that uses an outer layer to keep out the rain and an inner layer to provide thermal insulation, prevent excessive air leakage and carry wind loadings.
The outer layer breathes like a skin while the inner layer reduces energy losses. The structural frame of the building is kept absolutely dry, as water never reaches it or the thermal insulation.
Evaporation and drainage in the cavity removes water that penetrates between panel joints. Water droplets are not driven through the panel joints or openings because the rainscreen principle means that wind pressure acting on the outer face of the panel is equalised in the cavity. Therefore, there is no significant pressure differential to drive the rain through joints.
During extreme weather, a minimal amount of water may penetrate the outer cladding. This, however, will run as droplets down the back of the cladding sheets and be dissipated through evaporation and drainage.
At Select Roofing we have worked hard to pass the stringent education and regulatory requirements to become licensed installers of the leading manufacturers of rainscreen cladding so that we can offer the best to our clients. We use:
As we have such a wide range of licenses and agreements it means that we are among the very few installers in Ireland and the UK who are capable and certified of providing fully interfaced finishes between standing seam systems and rainscreen cladding, for example between Alucobond and Kalzip.
Advantages of Rainscreen Cladding
- Thermal bridging is eliminated because there are no interruptions caused by floor slabs
- Temperature fluctuations are minimized due to insulation on the outside
- Interstitial condensation is prevented as vapour pressure and wall temperature restricts condensation to the ventilated cavity
- Heat from the sun is dissipated so that the temperature is dispersed in the cavity and ventilated through openings
So contact the Rainscreen Cladding experts at Select Roofing today to discover the wide range of options available for the implementation of your project, whether it be a refurbishment or new build. Call us on 01 4642534 in Ireland or 0044 1753701109 in the UK, e-mail us at email@example.com or click on the button below.
- Aluminium Composite Panels
- Standing Seam Systems
- Composite Metal Panel Roofing
- Single Ply Membrane Roofing
- Bitumen Roofing
- Liquid Coating Roofing Systems
- Green Roofing
- Rainscreen Cladding
- 18 May 2016Select Roofing is honoured with Kalzip Award^ From left: Paudi Reidy (Operations Director, Select Roofing); Patrick Monhan (Comedian, and MC of...
- 04 Mar 2016Safety in Roofing award^ Shirley Abbey, Health & Safety Manager with Select Roofing, accepting the Gold Excellence awar...
- 15 Jan 2016New office in Northern IrelandSelect Roofing has just opened a new office in Northern Ireland, to oversee operations on our growin...