DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
1. WHY DO WE HOLD INFORMATION ON YOU?
We will only process personal data where we have a lawful basis to do so. We are required by law to be fair in notifying individuals on how their information will be managed and to inform them of their rights. The changes don’t alter what we use your personal information for, but they make it easier for you to find out how we use and protect your information. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
The basis for processing your personal data will vary depending on the activity we collected it for. In some occurrences, we may have more than one lawful basis for processing.
The information below summarises the legal basis on which we process personal information.
We process personal data which is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you may be a party to, or may want to enter. This includes, but is not limited to employment contract or subcontracting agreement.
We process personal data which is necessary to comply with its legal obligations. This includes, but is not limited to, providing personal information to regulators, law enforcement agencies and statutory bodies.
We process personal data where you have provided your consent to do so.
Administration of personal records
We will hold personal data relating to employees, subcontractors and other parties in order to administer employment and business relationships and comply with our legal obligations.
2. WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA WILL WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We process information relevant to the above reasons and/or purposes.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). The basis for processing your personal data will vary depending on the activity we collected it for.
This information may include:
- Identity Data: Includes full name, date of birth, PPS number.
- Contact Details: Includes phone number, home address and email address.
- Payment/Financial Details: Includes bank details, payslips, revenue details etc.
- Training Details: Includes all relevant training certificates/information for the role you are undertaking, may also include curriculum vitae.
- Occupational Health Questionnaires: health issues reported to us via questionnaires, medical certificates, accident/incident reports, next of kin details etc.
- Education details and membership ID numbers
Note that the above information is required for business purposes/transactions such as payment of wages, tax reasons, process of training, access to sites to carry out works etc.
3. HOW WILL WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION?
We will collect data directly from you (for example from New employee registration forms, change of details forms, next of kin forms, occupational health questionnaires, your invoices or emails) and will create some data internally (payment records).
Where we collect information, whether that be via websites, telephone, or manual forms we will justify why the collection is necessary at the point of collection.
We may also collect some data from external sources. For example: Revenue Office, Social Welfare, Professional bodies, Training providers. Main contractors may provide information to us in relation to complaints and/or investigations and Service providers may send us information relevant to the service they are providing IP addresses – If you visit our website, we collect information about the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of your device used to access the site which helps us monitor the level of activity and the service we provide. For more information, please see our website notice.
4. WHERE WILL YOUR DATA BE STORED?
We are based in the EU (Dublin, Ireland) and we store all data on servers that are physically located in the EU. We are in full compliance with EU and Irish Data Protection directives. We store our data on our own server inhouse located in our head office Dublin, Ireland and back up the information on a secure cloud space.
5. HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR INFORMATION UP TO DATE AND ACCURATE?
Please note that it is your responsibility to inform us of any change to your contact details during your employment or other type of contract with the Company and to keep us informed of other changes in your circumstances when relevant.
6. WILL YOUR DATA BE GIVEN TO ANYONE ELSE?
We may disclose your personal data to professional advisers, legal authorities, other professional bodies, other regulators or other third parties, in order to investigate complaints and disciplinary matters, to exercise or defend its legal rights or otherwise, where required by law.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. Most commonly, we will share your personal data in the following circumstances: with our clients and main contractors for project purposes i.e. training certificates. Data may also be shared with our training providers in order to book courses etc. Note that we require such third parties to use your personal data only for the purpose for which it is intended.
7. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA?
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract/employment we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the services (for example, payment of wages etc.) but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
8. HOW LONG WILL YOUR DATA BE HELD FOR?
We will retain your details for as long as they are needed for the relevant purposes listed in the section 1 above and as per government or statutory bodies requirements.
We may also retain certain records for other legitimate reasons (including after your relationship with us has ended), for example to resolve any potential disputes, cross-check against future contracts and to comply with other reporting and retention obligations.
9. WHAT ABOUT OUR WEBSITE?
For information about cookies used on our website, please see our website privacy and cookies notice.
10. WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
Individual’s rights are qualified (meaning they may not have these rights at all times, or in all circumstances), but generally speaking, individual’s rights include:
- the right of access or to obtain a copy of their information
- the right to correction or updating
- the right to complain (to both the Company and the regulator)
- the right to object, block or put on hold processing
- the right to be forgotten
- the right of data portability to another provider
If you want to exercise one of these rights please get in touch at:
Data Protection Officer
Unit B5, Kingswood Business Park
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +353 (0)1 4642534.
11. IF YOU WANT A COPY OF YOUR INFORMATION?
Before providing you with your personal data, we may require confirmation of your identity or further information about the data requested to assist us to locate your personal data.
Please also let us know if you believe any data we hold to be inaccurate or if you have other concerns about our use of your personal data.
These rights are subject to certain exemptions which may apply, for example, in relation to some professional conduct matters and government bodies requests.
12. WHO CAN HELP YOU IF YOU HAVE A QUERY?
For more information, or for further assistance with a more detailed enquiry, or if you want to exercise your rights, please contact email@example.com
- 18 May 2016Select Roofing is honoured with Kalzip Award^ From left: Paudi Reidy (Operations Director, Select Roofing); Patrick Monhan (Comedian, and MC of...
- 04 Mar 2016Safety in Roofing award^ Shirley Abbey, Health & Safety Manager with Select Roofing, accepting the Gold Excellence awar...
- 15 Jan 2016New office in Northern IrelandSelect Roofing has just opened a new office in Northern Ireland, to oversee operations on our growin...